Boozy Watermelon Granita
With Summer in full swing and these three digit temperature in Dallas, I just want to have cool drinks and hang out in the pool all day. Last Summer I was all about these pop-tails . Well, this Summer I’m all over boozy watermelon granitas. They are perfect for Summer afternoons on the patio. They are also great for entertaining. I have this theory that once you put something in a martini glass, it automatically becomes fancy. Try it, I’m telling you it works! This recipe is so easy and only requires a few ingredients, but will wow your guests.
- 4 cups watermelon ( I used a melon baller to scoop mine out) with the seeds removed
- Sweeten to your liking with your favorite sweetener (I used 2 Tablespoons of agave)
- 1/4 cup of your favorite booze (I like to use vodka or rum)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender.
- Pour the liquid mixture into a shallow baking dish. Place the dish on a level surface in your freezer. Set your time for one hour.
- After an hour, remove the mixture from the freezer and use a fork to scrape through the icy mixture.
- Set your timer for 2 hours and repeat step 3. You should be left with slushy ice crystals.
- Serve in a martini glass and garnish with fresh mint.