Air Fryer Chicken Wings
These air fryer chicken wings are crispy and seasoned to perfection. The best part about these air fryer chicken wings is that I can enjoy them and still stick to my clean eating plan because they are not fried. It’s a win wing (I couldn’t help myself)!
Air Fryer vs Oven
I was on the fence about getting an air fryer. There was so much hype about them, but I really didn’t want another appliance on our countertop. I already have a crockpot. However, when I saw them on sale, I broke down and purchased one. So far I’m liking it. It’s easy to clean and the food comes out crispy without all of the oil. I also like that I don’t have to use my big oven, especially when the weather is hot. In addition, I find the air fryer cooks food faster than the traditional oven. I would have had to cook my wings for much longer in my traditional oven, to achieve the same level of crispiness. However, I think I may be able to achieve the same results from a toaster oven.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Wings:
I wash my wings in lemon juice or white vinegar and rinse with cold water. After I rinse my wings I pat dry them thoroughly with paper towels to get all of the excess water out.
- 20 wings (I had a mix of flats and drums
- one fresh lemon or lime
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Fresh cilantro *Optional
- Pat the chicken wings dry thoroughly with a paper towel
- Lay chicken wings out on a plate and season generously on both sides with all of the dry seasonings
- Place chicken wings in a bowl or gallon size zip lock bag
- Add minced garlic and the juice of 1 lemon/lime
- Line the bottom of your air fryer with foil for easy cleanup.
- Place chicken wings in your air frying basket. Don’t overcrowd the basket, space the wings. My basket holds 10 wings at a time.
- Set the air fryer to 400 degrees for 10 minute
- Flip chicken wings and set them on 400 degrees for another 10 minutes.
- Set air fryer chicken wings on a plate and garnish with cilantro.
What to serve with your air fryer wings
- Carrots and celery
- Air fry French fries and serve on the side
- Your favorite dipping sauce: ranch, blue cheese, or BBQ sauce go well with these wings.
- Cooking time will vary depending on your fryer.
- Depending on how many wings you are frying you may have to do multiple batches.