Easy BBQ Chicken Sliders with coleslaw
Published 1/28/2020 | Updated 1/21/2021
These easy BBQ chicken sliders with coleslaw are delicious and would be perfect to enjoy while watching the big game!
BBQ chicken sliders in the crock pot
What makes these delicious chicken sliders so easy to create, is that pull apart BBQ chicken is made in the crockpot. So, your crockpot is doing all the heavy lifting for you. Your main job here is assembling.
Easy BBQ Chicken Sliders Recipe
- 2 Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Half of a yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced (2 cloves)
- 1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray)
- Ground black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion Powder
- Crock pot
- Crock Pot liner bag (this makes clean up easier)
- Dice the onion and add to the bottom of the lined crock-pot
- Season chicken generously with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Place chicken breast over diced onions.
- Add minced garlic on top of chicken breast
- Pour BBQ sauce over chicken breast
- Set crock pot on high for 4 hours.
- When chicken is finished, remove chicken from crock pot and shred chicken.
- Return shredded chicken to crock pot and mix chicken with the onion and BBQ sauce.
Serve immediately on slider buns.
I know you may be tempted to skip the coleslaw but DON’T! Didn’t mean to yell. But please don’t skip the coleslaw, even if you don’t think you like coleslaw promise me you’ll at least try it.
This coleslaw is not that nasty stuff swimming in may that you may be thinking about. No, mayo doesn’t even touch this coleslaw. It’s fresh, crisp, and dressed in a delicious tangy dressing. Make the slaw!
Another great thing about this coleslaw recipe is that it’s pretty clean, so you can enjoy and still stick to your new year health goals.
- Bag of store bought coleslaw
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey (adjust to your taste)
- Ground black pepper
- Whisk the lime juice, olive oil, honey salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Taste and adjust honey and seasoning to your taste.
- Pour the the dressing over the coleslaw and toss evenly. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly.
Serve atop BBQ Chicken Sliders
Serve on toasted slider buns or Hawaiian rolls.
Skip the bun and serve it as a salad with.
Enjoy these sliders with a side of chips or baked beans. Or with one of these salads.
If you found this helpful go ahead and pin this post to Pinterest to spread the word.