Pumpkin Fritters Recipe
Sweet, tender, and crispy pumpkin fritters make a delicious breakfast, dessert, or snack. Even the kids will enjoy this delicious treat.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Other recipes you’ll enjoy:
Carnival Style Air Fried Oreos
No Churn Pumpkin Snap Ice cream
What is a fritter
By definition a fritter is literally something divided into small pieces. In the foodie world this is something battered and fried. Fritters could be savory–think conch fritters, or sweet like apple fritters.
What is the difference between Caribbean pumpkin fritters and other fritters
Today we are making Caribbean pumpkin fritters. My mother-in-law, who is from the Caribbean island of St. Vincent, shared this recipe with me.
I think the biggest difference between these Caribbean pumpkin fritters is that they are less doughy than the American pumpkin fritters I’ve seen. Also, this fritter is flatter whereas the other pumpkin fritters look more like a donut hole.
The Ingredients for your pumpkin fritters
The full ingredients list and recipe is below
Pumpkin –The star of the show is organic pumpkin puree. Fresh pumpkin can be substituted in place of the canned version but I suggest the canned version, because you will have to work to achieve the silky smooth texture of the canned version.
Brown sugar -To sweeten things up
Cinnamon – Spice things up with cinnamon to bring out those Fall flavors
Maple syrup – We’re layering the flavors here
Helpful tools for this dish:
Are pumpkin fritters healthy?
I would say these fritters are healthy-ish. I mean pumpkin is healthy and contains lots of good vitamins. But there is sugar and these fritters must be fried.
How to make pumpkin fritters
Pumpkin Fritters Recipe
Sweet, tender, and crispy pumpkin fritters make a delicious breakfast, dessert or snack. Even the kids will enjoy this delicious treat.
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil for frying
- In a large bowl combine egg, maple syrup, condensed milk, vanilla, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients. Stir until the mixture is the consistency of pancake batter. Set Aside.
- Heat a frying pan with 1/4 cup vegetable oil on medium heat.
- Using a tablespoon to drop batter into the heated oil, a few at a time to not over crowd the pan.
- Cook fritter for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove them from the oil and place them on the paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Dust with powdered sugar when cooled and enjoy.
How to store and reheat pumpkin fritters
They always taste best when eaten fresh after they have cooled. We almost never have leftovers, but if you do, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge.
To enjoy them later, reheat in the toaster oven or the oven for about 3 minutes, just enough to warm the middle and crisp up the edges.
3 thoughts on “Pumpkin Fritters Recipe”