Carnival Style Air Fryer Oreos
Air fryer Oreos are a great alternative to the traditional deep fried Oreos. Learn how to make this carnival favorite.
This post contains affiliate links. Which means I earn a fee if you purchase an item. This is at no additional cost to you.
These air fryer Oreos are part of my Lets Go to the Fair series. I’m share recipes inspired by favorite fair foods. Before we get to this dessert you have to try the air fried turkey legs.
What are deep fried Oreos?
Deep fried Oreos are Oreo cookies covered in a batter and deep fried. The first time I tried deep fried Oreos was at the State Fair of Texas. It was sweet and tasty, and felt very indulgent. It’s one of those popular carnival foods that you have to try at least once.
Are air fried Oreos healthy?
These air fryer Oreos are a wee bit healthier and not as greasy as the deep fried one, because we’re not using oil. The air fryer makes them slightly crispy on the outside. They are still delicious.
When I do use oil in my air fryer I use this spray bottle. Aerosol sprays can ruin your air fryer, so it’s recommended that you use an oil sprayer or you can drizzle the oil on yourself.
How to make air fried Oreos.
I used traditional Oreos to make my air fryer Oreos but you can use whatever type of Oreos you like. The red velvet Oreos would be fun to make for the holidays. Try them with the golden Oreos or your favorite flavor.
- 8 Oreo cookies
- 2 8 oz. tube of Crescent Rolls
- Powder sugar for garnish
- Roll out the Crescent rolls.
- Cut Crescent rolls into 8 sections.
- Place an Oreo in the center of one of the triangles and fold ends around, covering the Oreo. Make sure all seams are sealed completely.
- Repeat this step for remaining Oreos.
- Place Oreos in the your air fryer basket (do not overcrowd the basket).
- Set air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Air fry 4 Oreos for 4 minutes or until golden brown then flip them over and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Remove Oreos and allow them to cool for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy.
Crescent roll Oreos
Crescent rolls act as the “batter” for these Oreos and help them to crisp up nicely.
How long do air fried Oreos last?
Air fryer Oreos, taste best once they come out of the air fryer and cool a bit. Fresh is best.
However, if you don’t eat them all in one sitting, you can store your air fryer Oreos in the fridge in an air tight container or a sealed plastic bag for about 3 days. After that the Crescent roll covering doesn’t taste as fresh.
For recipe and cocktail ideas check out my Brunch E-book that is filled with hosting tips and delicious, easy to create recipes.